Assists Sr. Payroll Manager with various accounting, analysis, and reporting functions in accordance with the departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Interact with employees and department heads on payroll matters
- Oversees the day to day processing of the payroll
- Ensures the payroll is accurate and is processed in a timely fashion on a bi-weekly basis
- Reviews the Payroll Preview for accuracy and corrections prior to submitting acceptance for processing with payroll provider
- Supervises the Payroll Specialists
- Works closely with the Sr. Payroll Manager in developing accounting policies and procedures
- Supports Sr. Payroll Manager with all external audits
- Prepares and posts journal entries, as needed (primarily for bi-weekly payroll processing).
- Performs other duties, as required.
Qualifications and Education:
- Knowledge of payroll practices and medical office staffing procedures.
- Skill in use of computer and calculator.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers as a team member.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Five years of experience with payroll desirable but not required
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for two years of payroll experience.
- with ‘Ultimate Software” experience