The Registered Nurse in this area assumes the responsibility of team leader utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care given to the patient during the intra-operative period. Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
Plans and delivers safe, effective nursing care until patient is transferred from his/her care to that of the recovery R.N. Nursing care meets current standards of the profession, the policies / procedures of the center and is appropriate to the center’s patient population.
- Carries out all physician orders.
- Assists with various types of procedures
- Assist anesthesia staff as required.
- Assesses the physical and psychological health status of patients requiring surgical/procedural intervention.
- . Applies principles of surgical asepsis.
- Maintains attention to detail with documentation of activities during the procedure regarding use of supplies, equipment, and medications.
- Verification of procedure; appropriateness of procedural consent(s); identification of patient and allergies
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current licensure in the State of New York as a Registered Nurse; BLS – Healthcare provider, ACLS required. PALS within 3 months of hire.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience: 1-3 years experience. Experience in Preoperative or Critical Care desired, Operating Room, PACU experience preferred.
- Special Qualifications: IV Skills required, IV sedation experience preferred.