Position Overview: Responsible for ordering and expediting delivery of all outsourced print matter, office and janitorial supplies, other non-medical supplies, minor office equipment and small furniture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
Work is primarily in an office located in the warehouse. A minimum amount of travel to the offsite locations is required.
- Reviews requisitions in Reqlogic for completeness and accuracy, and contacts requestor for more information if necessary.
- Determines most appropriate source and contacts vendors to confirm pricing and availability on all items.
- Creates purchase orders in Solomon purchasing system and places all orders either by online ordering on vendor websites, or by telephone.
- Places all orders for non-stock items, as well as, stocked items requested by the Warehouse manager for replenishment.
- Assist to resolve invoice and receiving issues on non-medical supply orders.
- Tracks all back orders on above supplies, researching alternative sources on critical items.
- Reviews, monitors and releases all online Office Depot orders.
- Maintain effective customer service relationships with staff and vendors.
Qualifications and Education:
- High School Diploma, some college preferred.
- Minimum of two years purchasing experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of purchasing and inventory systems.
- Skilled in computer applications related to purchasing and inventory.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective customer service relationships with staff and vendors.
- Ability to work as an effective team member and exhibit a positive attitude.