Essential Position Overview: The Charge Capture/CPC analyzes, codes, abstracts, and compiles medical records of patients of health care delivery system to document patient condition and treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Review of physician billing to assure proper coding and documentation prior to processing of charges.
- Reconciling daily tickets/reports to schedules.
- Tracking of charge tickets/reports.
- Review and/or entry of information into NextGen system with accuracy and speed.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to meet month end deadlines.
Qualifications and Education:
- High School graduate, minimum of 2 years of coding and medical billing and reimbursement concentration.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification
- Knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS
- Thorough understanding of healthcare compliance with experience in auditing E/M services and providing professional constructive feedback in regard to billing and documentation practices
- Thorough understanding of Medicare/Medicaid billing regulations and documentation guidelines
- Strong knowledge of chart auditing/abstracting process
- Effective communication, relationship-building and interpersonal skills
MUST KNOW COMPLIANCE (BILLING)